University of Texas at Arlington
College of Nursing and Health Innovation
Center for Rural Health & Nursing
2nd Annual Conference
October 5, 2023
University Center, Rio Grande Room
Healthcare Challenges and Solutions in Rural Texas Communities
Call for Abstracts – Speakers and Posters - Abstracts Due July 1, 2023
The University of Texas at Arlington’s Center for Rural Health and Nursing is proud to host the 2nd Annual UTA Rural Health Conference Healthcare Challenges and Solutions in Rural Texas Communities held on October 5th in the University Center’s Rio Grande room.
This conference was created to bring awareness to rural health care issues and provide solutions within the state of Texas. We plan to have presenters from rural hospitals, clinics, and organizations in Texas. Please join us to discuss how we, as a group, can increase equity in rural communities around the state.
The Center for Rural Health and Nursing invites you to submit abstracts of original work to showcase at our 2nd Annual UTA Rural Health Conference. Abstracts can be submitted for an oral presentation or a hard copy poster in the following categories.
- Chronic disease in rural Texas
- Healthcare access in rural communities
- Rural health disparities
- Social determinants of health for rural people
- Cancer prevention and treatment in rural areas
- Diabetes prevention and treatment in rural areas
- Violence and abuse in rural Texas
- Hunger and access to healthy food
- Veterans and access to health care
- Rural schools and health
- Transportation to support rural health care
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2023
Submit your abstract